Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekly Weigh In

I was procrastinating writing this post, but I'm committed to being accountable to myself and to the people who support me. So here it is: I'm up 0.5 pounds this week.

I could over think this and brainstorm the reasons for my non stellar week, but I'm not going to. It's just going to be the same issues that I face all the time. I didn't do what I needed to do. I wasn't active and I didn't always eat what I was supposed to eat. I didn't binge; I wasn't completely off the wagon, but I ate to much and moved way too little.

For a minute after I got on the scale, I kind of freaked out. I started doing that mental math that gets me into so much trouble. How much do I have to lose this week to stay on track? But I stopped myself. My goal is still 1 pound. Totally doable.

To get me there, I'm going to try to be more mindful of my goal this week. I'll do this by blogging, reading other blogs and recording every bite I take. I'm also going to focus more on exercise. I've joined a fitness challenge at work. I'm on a team so I know I'll work harder because I don't want to let my coworkers down.

Finally, while my blog is called Hide Those Cookies I actually very infrequently request that my loved ones hide food from me. I feel like I need to learn to make good choices in the presence of temptation. However, this week, I'm making it easier on myself. I'm having my roomie stash all the good stuff so I can't even feel tempted to chow down.

I hope everyone had a good week!

4 comments:

Camevil said...

Half a pound is nothing. Water under the bridge already. Next week will be better!

Confession: Sometimes, I secretly wish there were cookies in my kitchen to hide. *sniff*

new*me said...

I seriously don't think half a lb is anything to stress over. I want to lose every week........but my body isn't like that. Some weeks, I work my butt off and eat right and lose nothing! The point is.....you are on the track to health and that is what matters ;)

Dina said...

Sorry, I know any gain can get to you. Great attitude going forward though, and you can totally lose one pound!

Ria said...

Good luck this week - it sounds like you have a solid plan in place.

Half a pound is well within the range of normal day-to-day fluctuation that drives us all crazy sometimes . . . so you may not really have gained anything at all. if you haven't seen this site before, it's a great resource when you're feeling aggravated by your scale.

http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm